Friday, March 5, 2010

Pomegranite

This was my final painting for the 2009 Thanksgiving holiday in Gainesville.  I was reading the book by Sue Monk Kidd entitled "Traveling with Pomegranites".  The book explores the mother daughter relationship and I knew as I was painting this that I would most likely give it to my daughter.  The pomegranite slice was fairly difficult and I had to finish it when I returned to NC. 
All three of the walnut ink still lifes were set up on a book shelf in my daughter's living room that caught beautiful light out of a north facing window. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot. Actually all of the images on your blog are well done. The visual imagery matches the artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! This and the pumpkin are hanging in the playroom. They inspire me to continue with my creative endevours. Love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete